1-pound shredded wild turkey meat
(Leg, thigh or breast)
8 Tbsp Unsalted butter
1/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 cup milk
1/2 brown onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 cups Turkey stock
(Or chicken stock)
2 large potatoes, chopped small
1/2 cup frozen peas
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1/4 cup cold water
1 tbsp white vinegar
(1 egg yolk, 2 tsp milk whisked)
- In deep pot or Dutch oven melt 2 Tbsp butter, add onions and cook 3 min until soft.
- Add carrots, celery & garlic cooking until soft around 3 mins
- Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 10 minuets
- In small dish whisk butter and flour together until blended, in another small dish add milk and cornstarch.
- Add both the milk mixture & butter mixture to pot and stir until blended. Bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat add turkey and peas. Cook 3 minutes and remove from heat, allow to cool.
- In bowl combine flour and salt, cut in butter until they are pea sizes and flour is crumbly.
- Add water and vinegar and blend until large crumbles form.
- Place dough on a large piece of plastic wrap, tie into a tight ball, place in fridge for about an hour.
- Remove from fridge and cut ball in half
- Roll each half out until desired size and thickness
- Preheat Pellet smoker or oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bottom dough in pie tin or smaller ramekins. Fill with filling, top with remains dough.
- Pinch edges and brush top with Egg wash.
Bake until top is flaky and brown 40-50 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving and enjoy!