Recipe · Turkey · Turkey Recipe ·
Wild Turkey Southwest Eggrolls Recipe
2 cups leftover wild turkey meat
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup black beans
3 tbs taco seasoning
1/2 white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 poblano pepper (or two jalapeños) chopped
1 can rotel tomatoes & chilies
1/2 cup water
12 egg roll wrappers
- In large skillet add a 1 tbs olive oil and heat over med-high heat
- Add onions and peppers, sauté 2-3 minutes until soft
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds, add tomatoes, onions, corn, cilantro and black beans. Reduce heat and simmer
- Pour taco seasoning over meat and add 1/3 cup of water, mix and coat well. Add to veggie mixture and coat string everything. If it seems dry add 2 tbs water. Cook until heated all the way through.
- Place mixture in fridge. You want the mixture cold when you stuff your eggrolls, or the wrappers will break and get soggy.
- Place a spoon full or mixture in each wrapper and wrap until all egg rolls have been made
- Heat Oven, Grill or Traeger to 375º, brush each eggroll with oil or butter and place directly on grill. Cook until they are crispy and heated all the way through. Around 5 minutes each side.
- You can fry in 375º oil if you’d like also
Remove from heat, slice and enjoy!
Leave a comment